Student assistant (HiWi) in the Institute of Physiological Chemistry
|Online seit|| |
10.04.2018 - 16:21
I am looking for a biology / pharmacy / medcal student with knowlege of basic laboratory techniques to employ as a student assistant (HiWi) in our lab. The position is financed until the end of the year in 16 hrs/week with a possibility for renewal. Preferentially, you should have a Bachelor or a BTA degree or at least 2-3 months of internship in a laboratory.
Our group is investigating the role of the endocannabinoid system in different mouse and cellular models. My work in the recent years has focussed on the role of the type-1 cannabinoid receptor, CB1, in different types of neurons.
Currently, we are looking at how the intracellular signaling is changed in the mouse brain if CB1 is deleted. To this end, we are performing various biochemical and molecular biological assays ([35S]GTPγS bindings, Western blots, quantitative RT-PCRs) using tissue from wild type or CB1 knockout mice.
• Performing experiments under general supervision
• Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies
• Documenting your experiments in a laboratory journal
• Prepare specimens and samples
• Perform data maintenance and documentation work
What we expect:
• Knowledge of basic techniques of molecular biology and biochemistry
• Good command of English
• Interest in neurobiology
• Basic IT competency
• Teamwork spirit and social skills
• Efficiency and resilience
What we offer:
• An opportunity to learn new techniques
• Flexible working hours
• A motivated, collegial team
• Insight into the laboratory work of scientists and PhD students
• A good reference for your CV
In case you develop an enthusiasm for our projects, I am happy to supervise your Master project too.
Art der Beschäftigung
Frau Krisztina Monory
+49 6131 3924551
|Institut / Einrichtung|| |
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, University Medical Center Mainz
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |
Freitag, 27. April 2018 - 23:59